Massage Practitioner and Ashiatsu Specialist
Angel has practiced massage for more than 10 years. As a professional practitioner, she provides the treatments according to individual conditions. She incorporates a variety of techniques in her treatments including: Ashiatsu, Swedish Massage, Foot Reflexology, Gua Sha and Traditional Chinese Tui Na. She is specialized in Ashiatsu Treatment.
What Is Ashiatsu?
“Ashiatsu” literally means foot (ashi) pressure(atsu) in Japanese, it is a type of bodywork form that the practitioner walks on the client’s back, using bars and other props for support to vary pressure and weight. It applies therapeutic pressure (through clothing) to promote health and well being. This unique style utilizes deep pressure and massage strikes mainly delivered by the practitioner’s well trained feet. It may also make use of knees, palms, and fingers where necessary and appropriate. By working with the body, Ashiatsu can heighten total (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) awareness. Treatment include stretching, stimulation or sedation of acupressure points/meridians, and structural alignment techniques. The work is effective therapeutically and clients will often feel the work deeply in their muscles, internal organs, and bones. The aim of this unique style is to transform muscular pain into a harmoniously flowing natural state, free from discomfort. Ashiatsu has its roots in Asia, but today, several different versions of Ashiatsu massage are practiced around the world.
(For the detail information please check OUR SERVICES –> TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE–>ASHIATSU)
Conditions Commonly Treated
- Frozen Shoulder
- Lower Back pain
- Tension headache
- Spain and Strain
- Stress related conditions
Treatment Technique Including
- Gua Sha Treatment
What Are the Benefits of Ashiatsu?
- Reduced Stress and greater sense of well being
- Relaxed muscles and improved circulation
- Improved immune system
- Heightened awareness of emotional and psychological processes
Ashiatsu Contraindications (who should not get the Ashiatsu)
All normal/typical massage contraindications still exist for ashiatsu, some are localized contraindications (when just a certain area needs to be avoided during the massage)
- Broken bones or Fractures
- Advanced diabetes (when signs of neuropathy exist)
- High Blood Pressure, HBP, Hypertension (if unstable or uncontrolled)
- Hemophilia or other blood/clotting disorders
- Current use of blood thinners
- Phlebitis, Thrombosis, DVT, Active blood clot
- Contagious conditions or infections (Colds, Flu, or Contagious skin conditions)
- Acute injuries (bruises/hematomas)
- Any unexplained swelling
- Any recent surgery (e.g. back abdominal, hip, knee, or eye surgery)
For Ashiatsu can be light to deep pressure, but because of the deep compressions/stokes that some clients request, the following unique contraindications exist. Again, this list includes, but is not limited to:
- Implants (such as pace makers or breast implants)
- Frail individuals
- Pregnancy (or possible pregnancy)
- Varicose veins
- Protruding or ruptured discs
- Kidney disorders
Nothing is more important than maintaining a healthy, high quality life.
Call us today to discover a better, healthier you.